Happy belated Valentine’s Day everyone! I’m not the biggest fan of this “holiday” because of all the commercialism, but I do enjoy any reason to celebrate love! Plus my birthday is Monday, so I’d much rather celebrate my birthday than VDay. The husband and I used it as another good excuse for a fun date night – had some yummy seafood and then went to go see Frozen (super cute movie if you haven’t seen it!).
And of course I had to have something VDay-related on my nails. I’ve been seeing a lot of cutout gradient designs, so I figured I’d try it with hearts!
You see why I titled my post like that now? The silver reminds me of tinfoil… tinfoil, tin, tin man, hearts for the Tin Man! Free association people!
And here’s a right side up picture so you can see the hearts better:
And here you can see my working area after doing this mani:
Does anyone else get this messy when they’re doing their nails? Please tell me it’s not just me!
The colors I used:
- Orly Shine – the really pretty silver base color I used. This is actually the first time I’ve worn this other than a stamping color. Love it!
- I used a piece of tape that I cut a heart from
- Essie Boom Boom Room – a nice Barbie baby pink
- Illamasqua Collide – a neon pink. It’s pretty sheer, so it might be better over a white base or multiple layers if wearing alone. You can barely see it in my gradient, but it was a nice medium shade between the baby pink and red.
- Formula X Pyrotechnic – a great cherry red from Sephora. It leans a little blue-red, but is still pretty true cherry red. I like it a whole lot!
Hope everyone celebrated whatever source of love you have in your life – whether it’s family, friends, or a significant other!