So technically this manicure for November’s NCC (inspired by a book) is a bit of a cheat. Doctor Who is a television show, not a book. I do, however, have a book on Doctor Who (Essential Guide to 50 Years of Doctor Who)! So I’m calling it a draw. 🙂
I’ve been meaning to do a Doctor Who themed manicure for awhile now, and I’m so happy I finally did! I’ve become a bit obsessed with the show – if you’ve seen it, you understand. I was introduced to this amazing show just about a year and a half ago, and I adore it! It’s nerdy, hilarious, and loaded with so many feels. In one episode, you can go from giggling to terrified to sobbing in the corner in the fetal position. I’ve only seen “New Who,” aka the seasons from 2005 to present and Netflix only has sporadic pieces of Original Who, so when I saw this book guide to the 50 years of the show I had to have it!
And here is my Doctor Who manicure:
I love this mani so much! From the Tardis decal to the Dalek to that gorgeous blue polish… it all just makes me happy! If you’re not familiar with the show, let me briefly explain what each finger means.
- My index finger has a Tardis decal – the Tardis is the spaceship that can transport the Doctor and his companion(s) through space and time (it stands for Time And Relative Dimension In Space).
- My middle finger is the color of the Tardis and the polish is named after one of the Doctor’s companions, Amy Pond (one of my top 3 favorites).
- My ring finger is a Dalek (an enemy of the Doctor’s).
- And my pinky is based on another villain from the show, The Silence.
- Oh! And the grey base polish is named after another villain, the Vashta Nerada.
What I used:
- Index: Grey base = Digital Nails Count Your Shadows… These pics don’t do the polish justice. There’s a slight pink/ purple shimmer that isn’t showing up well. You can kind of see it on my pinky. Digital Nails has an amazing variety of Doctor Who-themed polishes. That makes me so happy – I need so many of them!!
- Index: Decal is from YouPolish – the sheet also has Daleks, three different Doctors’ faces (9, 10, and 11), and DW
- Middle finger: Blue-Eyed Girl Lacquer A Long Time Ago Tomorrow… this is an amazingly beautiful shimmery Tardis-blue from the Women of Doctor Who collection. It dries a bit satin, but a top coat makes it soooo pretty! Love love love!!
- Ring finger: Base color Sally Hansen Black Platinum… a semi-sheer black with a tinge of silver shimmer. Stripes are Revlon’s Sequin, a silver chrome. Nail studs were a gift off Amazon, I believe.
- Pinky: Base is Digital Nails Count Your Shadows with Zoya Raven details.
So what do you think? Does this sort of count as a book-themed mani? Are you a fellow Whovian? If so, who’s your favorite companion and favorite Doctor?
Check out more book-themed manis by my NCC ladies: