Hello sweeties and happy Friday! If you have read my blog pretty much at all, I’m sure you know I luuuurrve I Love Nail Polish. It was my first indie brand, and I am a loyal fan of pretty much everything Barbra puts out! When the multichrome flakies were released, I went all grabby hands and got pretty much every single one (I won 6 in an instagram giveaway, aaaand then I bought 6 more lol). I haven’t featured them on my blog a lot because I have such difficulty photographing them! They’re like little shifty ninja polishes!
Like these ninjas:
Yeah, the multichrome flakies want to show up about as well as the ninjas at their parade!
Anyways, I wanted to use one of the flakies for this manicure and decided to pair it with more springy colors. And then I freehanded some odd spiky flowers on top!
I kind of just started doodling with those flowers – they weren’t supposed to look like anything in particular. I do like how the middle finger came out!
I tried and tried to get a good picture of how great I Love Nail Polish Supernova looks on the nail, but it was just so shy and didn’t want to play. It was totally gorgeous in real life though!
Supernova was even shy for her closeup too! These pics don’t do it justice at all. So here’s a bottle shot:
I mean right?! Look at all that shiftiness! It totally looked like that on the nail in real life, and I really loved it over that KBShimmer aqua. In the past I’ve paired the ILNP flakies over darker colors, but I really like it over this bright pastel aqua!
- Index & middle fingers:
- Base color: KBShimmer Eyes White Open… I still totally want to call this Eggs White Open – no idea why! And this time I’m not hungry haha! The more I use this, the more I love it! It’s such a great white creme.
- I then freehanded those odd spiky flower things with KBShimmer Shore Thing… this is a gorgeous bright aqua that I got as a gift. And I love it! Spring is such a great time for these beautiful teal/ aqua/ mint polishes, and I’m so happy to see this color back on everyone’s nails! It’s my favorite!
- Ring finger:
- Base color: KBShimmer Shore Thing
- Topper: ILNP Supernova… as you can see from the bottle shot, it’s chockfull of multichrome flakies that shift from teal to emerald, kelly green, blue, fuchsia, purple, and even gold. It’s stunning!
- Pinky: KBShimmer Shore Thing
What do you think? Are there any spiky flowers out there? And if you’ve photographed these multichrome flakies, what are your tricks you wizards??
And now for your daily David Tennant (and Donna, because she’s the most important woman in the world!):