Hello my sweeties! Are you excited for spring and warmer weather? I SOOO am! I need some sunshine in my life again soon! So while the PA weather gods won’t give me real sunshine yet, I need some brightness on my nails!
I saw this amazing swatch video from jessFACE90 on YouTube on the new China Glaze Electric Nights collection, and I got so excited!! Like Jessie Spano on caffeine pills excited:
She’s so… scared! 😉
I had been drooling over the extremely hard to find PipeDream A Night In Vegas neon cremes and after seeing that swatch video, I was really hopeful that the Electric Nights cremes would satisfy my neon craving. I realized I have gaps in my collection when it comes to neons. So I decided I needed to pick up a few of the Electric Nights polishes – specifically the purples, the pink, the red-orange coral, and one of the blues!
So obviously I needed to use the neon I was anticipating the most – the fuchsia purple neon!
My coral and fuchsia skittlette
This is what I came up with – another little mishmash mani! I love how coral and fuchsia go together! Especially when they’re as bright as pretty as these two!
Coral and fuchsia skittlette
I have to say, I adore the color of this China Glaze neon! But I don’t think that they’re a replacement for the PipeDreams – from everything I’ve seen and read about those, they have such a perfect pigmented formula. The formula on this particular polish was a little runny. It does get opaque in 2 coats (without a white base), but the polish tends to slide towards the sides of the nail a little bit. I think a 3rd coat would fix that issue.
And, ahem… do you see the pinky nail?! That topper is divine! It’s one of I Love Nail Polish‘s new holographic multichrome flakies. AND I was able to get some good photos of that little sucker!
Closeup of ILNP Neon Rosebud (H) over China Glaze Violet Vibes
BOOM baby! I got it! I may have wished on a star, stood on my head, and sacrificed a virgin… but I finally got a good picture of the multichrome flakie! It shows off the gorgeous shift from pink/purple to gold and green, AND you can see how much depth the scattered holo gives it! Yay!
- Base color for all nails: China Glaze Violet Vibes… as described above. Hopefully the formula of the others I bought are a little better. But I’ve most definitely come across worse neon formulas for sure! Oh, and since I hadn’t seen this collection in stores yet, I bought mine on Head2Toe Beauty.
- Index finger (and thumb):
- Topped with ILNP Neon Rosebud (holo version)… check out the closeup shot above to see just one coat of this beauty! The holo in the flakie topper does give the base polish you use a bit of a silvery tinge. But only a little bit.
- Middle finger:
- Dots of Polish My Life Coral Fedora… this is a gorgeous pink-leaning coral that’s a very bright pastel. The formula on this is perfection! I have yet to come across a bad Polish My Life pastel. They all have amazing formulas and are so pretty!
- Ring finger:
- I used a chevron vinyl from NailVinyls.
- Topped with Polish My Life Coral Fedora
What do you think? Do you have the PipeDream neons? Or do you know of dupes?
And now for your daily David Tennant! This is from the amazing Girl in the Fireplace episode!!