December’s Nail Challenge Collaborative theme is Dots! I love a good dotticure, so I was definitely excited about this month’s theme. Then I realized I haven’t done many unique dotted manis in the past, so I really needed to brainstorm to up my game and make this month less boring for y’all!
So for my first dotticure of the month, I knew I wanted a dark base. My nails are shorter than they have been, and if you’ve been following me for a bit you know I love dark polish on nubs! Once I picked out my base color, I basically grabbed a bunch of random colors to work with. I was so glad they ended up working well!
Not quite a typical color combo, but I like how they look all together! I was kind of going for a gradient look with the dots all scattered towards the base and creeping up the nail in random colors and sizes. Lol, really I was just randomly blobbing on random polishes! Let’s not pretend I had rhyme or reason here!
- Base color: Zoya Ryan… a beaaautiful deep navy with hints of teal. This is my absolute favorite dark blue polish!
- Dotted colors:
- Julep Eliana… a dark grey-toned navy creme
- OPI Cajun Shrimp… a gorgeous bright coral-toned red with some hints of pink
- Julep Saaya… a bright peach with golden shimmer – this looks awful on its own on my skin tone, but it’s nice for nail art!
- Essie Play Date… a perfect bright purple
So what do you think? Do you like this color combo? What’s an unexpected color combo that you like?
Check out the other dotticures from my NCC ladies: