Hello sweeties! And happy February to you! I love February because it’s my birthday month, and I still get as excited as a little girl for my birthday. It’s definitely a holiday for me 🙂 February also marks the start of another theme for the Nail Challenge Collaborative; this month, we’re doing animal manicures! For my first look, I decided to try out a new nail art technique – the blobbicure (doesn’t that sound like a horror movie villain or a disease?!).
There are a ton of tutorials floating about on how to do blobbicures, and I came across one from NailzSchmailz on Instagram using white and orange polish. She said it reminded her of giraffe skin, so I figured this would be a great opportunity to try a new technique for this animal look!
Not bad for my first attempt! I really like how this came out. Each nail is different, but it’s still cohesive. I got the hang of the technique by the time I got to my middle finger, which happens to be my favorite one! Plus, I think this really looks like sparkly giraffe skin. I’d love to see a giraffe like this!
How I did it/ products I used:
- Base color: OPI My Vampire is Buff… such a great creme vanilla – perfect for nail art! I used 2 coats to get it opaque and then let it dry.
- Then I painted a 3rd fairly thick coat of that OPI on.
- While that was still wet, I dabbed on varying sized dots of Different Dimension Bold as Brass. This polish is amazing! It’s a beautiful bronze/ brass holo, and it gave this mani a little extra something. The holo is crazy strong!
- I used the brush from the bottle to dab on the dots – I’ve seen tutorials where people use a dotting tool and I feel like you get more polish spread with the brush.
- I let those dots spread, making the blobbicure happen!
What do you think? Have you tried blobbicures yet? Also, did you watch the SuperBowl last night? I sort of watched – it was more of fast forward and watch the commercials! 😉 I thought the commercials leaned more toward the morose/ depressions side… I wish they had more funny ones. I did like the halftime show though – Missy Elliot was awesome!
See more animal manicures from the NCC ladies: