I decided to take a quick break from blogging, so there was no post on Friday. I needed some rest after working on those monster presentations! They went well, and now I’m back with some manis for all y’all!
May brings another Nail Challenge Collaborative theme, and this month we’re doing FLOWERS! I love floral manis so much, and it’s such a perfect theme for spring! For my first look, I’m doing a mani inspired by Marisa of Hey Darling Polish (see her post here). Marisa always does the best floral manis, and this one is one of my favorites of hers!
As you can see, I used a different base color. I recently picked up this almost white pistachio color, and I’ve been dying to use it. So I did! I kept the flowers as close to my inspiration as possible though!
So the white flowers barely show up against the really light pistachio background, but I still like the overall look! I wish I would have used something other than white, or maybe a darker green/ teal background.
- Base color: Floss Gloss Glowstar… This gorgeous polish is a very light pastel pistachio green, verging on a green-tinged white. It’s a bit of a tricky formula – streaky on the 1st coat and requiring 3 smooth coats. But the beauty is worth it! And it makes me look more tan than I am, and I’m always a fan of that!
- Light purple: Essie Play Date… This is a great light purple polish. And it has one of the better formulas for Essie! It’s one of my favorite Essies ever!
- Dark purple: OPI Vant to Bite My Neck?… A gorgeous dark purple creme with a perfect formula.
- White: Zoya Purity… A nice white creme – not my favorite, but still a nice one.
- Yellow: Sally Hansen Lightening… This is a great opaque pure yellow. It has a great formula, and it is my favorite yellow to use for stamping!
What do you think?
Check out more floral manis from the NCC ladies:
And here’s your daily David Tennant:
Hellooooo gorgeous 😉