Hello sweeties! I’m so excited for this month’s Nail Challenge Collaborative theme! It’s the 3rd anniversary for the group, and we’ve decided to recreate one another’s designs. I’ve been so impressed by all the talent in the group, so I was really happy that I could pay homage to some other amazing nail artists!
First up, I’m recreating a dotted floral manicure originally done by Zara at May Contain Traces of Polish (check out her post here) for our Dotticure month. When she posted this beautiful design, my mouth fell open! I love how dainty it is, but still so intricate! And I loved that her flowers were filled with dots too.
Here’s my take on it:
I really love this! It was so simple to do, but it looks like it took me hours. Pssst, here’s a secret: it only took me 15 minutes! That’s probably why I had smearing on my pinky, but I was using Seche Vite and floated the top coat so I didn’t think it was going to smear. Oh well! I still like the outcome.
I know my inspiration used a blue holo base and anything holo is my jam, but I was really wanting to use some polish that I haven’t touched in awhile. So I pulled out one of my old favorite Essies. Aruba Blue was one of my first Essies, and I still love it!
Polishes used/ how I did it:
- Index & pinky:
- Base color: Essie Aruba Blue… This is a beautiful deep royal blue with some added shimmer. I love it so much! But if you flood your cuticles at all, it does stain like a little beyotch!
- Dots: Rica Whiteout… As always, the best white for nail art EVER!
- Middle & ring fingers:
- Base color: Essie Aruba Blue
- I drew on a floral base with Rica Whiteout using a thin nail art brush.
- Then I dotted on the flower with the following colors:
- Polish My Life Strawberry Whip & Chill… This is another gorgeous pink creme from PML’s All Things Vintage collection. Perfect formula and perfect polish!
- Polish My Life Pink Sandals… Another gorgeous baby pink pastel creme. Perfection!
- OPI Vant to Bite My Neck?… This is a fantastic dark blackened eggplant purple creme. One of my favorite deep purples!
- Then I outlined the flower with smaller dots of Rica Whiteout.
What do you think? Have you done a similar manicure? I feel like I’ve seen this pattern going around before.
And now for your daily David Tennant:
And check out the other NCC ladies’ manicures: